McMaster University has a well established carpool parking program where two or more individuals can register for a carpool permit from Parking & Transit Services. Carpooling is available at Main Campus, DBHSC and the Ron Joyce Centre.
To register for a McMaster Carpool Permit:
First, please read the McMaster Carpool Policy and ensure that you and your carpool partner(s) satisfy the criteria set out in section 2.01:
2.01 Parking Services defines a carpool as a group of two or more people:
- who travel together a minimum of three times a week
- who have made a commitment to carpool for a minimum of three months
- who live beyond a 1.5 km radius of McMaster’s Main Campus
- who meet along a common route
- who do not take a break from carpooling any longer than four consecutive weeks
- who have registered with Parking Services
- whose members do not possess any other McMaster parking permit
If you and your carpool partner(s) satisfy the above conditions, and there is at least one parker that holds a permit in the desired carpool parking lot please print and fill out the McMaster Carpool Application Form and McMaster Carpool Agreement.
Once all members of the carpool have filled out and signed each of the two forms, please email email@example.com for next steps.
A fee of $55.00 fee is required to acquire a transponder (if you don’t already have one), which the members of the carpool have to collectively pay or pay individually if each member requires a separate transponder.
Want to refund a parking permit to become a carpooler? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that you must request your refund within the first two business days of the month for the refund to be eligible starting that current month.